Applications for the Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP) Grant are open! Extended Deadline to May 1, 2020.
City Opens Applications for the 2020 Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP) Grant
Apply between March 16, 2020- May 1, 2020
Good News! You may qualify for up to $5,000 for exterior home improvements with the MSHDA-City of Dowagiac NEP Grant! Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are extending the deadline for applications to May 1, 2020.
- You must own a single-family home in the City of Dowagiac and it must be your primary residence.
- You have to meet income requirements.
- You cannot be delinquent with mortgage, insurance or utility payments.
- The property must not have any open, unresolved code enforcement cases.
*More details can be found in the program guidelines/application.
Get your application!
- Fill out the online form, upload your information and submit!
- Pick it up at City Hall during business hours.
- Download your printable application by clicking here!
After you have completed the application:
- Drop it off at City Hall during business hours.
- Put it in an envelope and drop it off at the City Hall 24-hour drop box.
- Mail it to: Attn: Natalie Dean, P.O. Box 430, Dowagiac, MI 49047
Recipients of the grant will be chosen by lottery. A public lottery drawing will be held via Zoom on Monday, May 4th. The public is welcome to watch online-recipients do not have to be present to be chosen.
For questions, contact: Natalie Dean, Assistant City Manager