Brush, Leaf & Christmas Trees
Crews will collect brush/branches and leaves/grass.
EFFECTIVE April 1st through October 21st, 2022, City crews will canvas each ward for the curbside collection of brush/branches and leaves/grass clippings according to the following schedule:
- Ward #1 residents on the first Monday of the month
- Ward #2 residents on the second Monday of the month
- Ward #3 residents on the third Monday of the month
Material for collection needs to be placed curbside prior to 7:00 AM on each Monday.
- Limbs must be less than 8" in diameter and less than 5' in length, neatly stacked. Small limbs, branches and twigs must be placed in a container (bags, boxes or cans). No stumps or root-balls will be picked up. The city reserves the right to exclude from pick-up brush piles which are extraordinary in size or volume or brush piles from contractor removals.
- Grass clippings and leaves can be bagged, boxed, canned, or neatly piled curbside for the leaf vac. Be sure to separate out limbs and twigs. To avoid any confusion between a trash can and a lawn waste can - Please clearly mark the container or use clear or paper lawn/leaf bags.
- Containers will be emptied by the City's crew onto the truck and returned curbside to be re-used or properly disposed of by the resident.
- Materials for pick-up must be placed behind the curb – not in the street.
- No building materials, machined lumber, root-balls, stones, trash, garbage, litter, or fecal material will be accepted or removed.
Violations will be cited in accordance with the city's blight ordinance.