Lot Split Procedure and Application
LOT SPLIT APPLICATION
CITY OF DOWAGIAC
241 S. Front Street P.O. Box 430 Dowagiac, MI 49047
Phone: (269)782-8427 Fax: (269)782-1838
- Applicant must complete and submit this Lot Split Application along with the nonrefundable application fee to the Building Department.
- Applicant shall have a survey completed for the subject split (showing both before and after the split).
- Applicant must obtain and complete a Zoning Application (no charge), and submit it with the Lot Split Application to the Building Department. Building Department, upon receipt of the Lot Split Application fee, shall review the Lot Split Application, Survey, and Zoning Application.
- Upon completion of the review, a public hearing is scheduled for the lot split by the Dowagiac Planning Commission. The Planning Commission meets the first Monday of every month.
- If the lot split is approved, the Dowagiac City Clerk shall notify all county and local governments of the approved split.