Industrial Park Specifications
More about the Industrial Park here
The State Certified Dowagiac Industrial Park has 126 acres available for development. This park is reserved for manufacturing, assembly, research and development, testing, processing, high-tech and associated office and warehouse space. Protective Covenants are in place to protect your investment and corporate image.
Prices for property in the industrial park start at $1,250/acre. The City of Dowagiac in conjunction with the State of Michigan can offer a number of business incentives.
Transportation: Approximately 25 miles from 2 interstate highways: I-94 to the north and the Indiana Toll Road I-80/90 to the south.
- All season state highways connect Dowagiac to both interstate highways
- The park is approximately ½ mile to the truck route
- Port facilities available at Benton Harbor approximately 30 miles from the site
- Dowagiac Municipal Airport: Class A airport for the corporate pilot. 4,700 ft lighted runway
- South Bend Regional Airport 25 miles to the south. Average 45 commercial flights per day
- Amtrak Passenger rail stop connects Dowagiac with Chicago and Detroit
Utilities: All utilities are in or along the street rights-of-way.
- 12" transmission line
- Flow approximately 2,500 gallons/minute
- System has 1.7 million gallon storage capacity
- Water filtration plant treats 1,400 gallons/minute
- Water treated for iron removal, disinfections, fluoride treatment
- 10" Sanitary line
- Pumping station capacity 80 gallons/minute
- Sewage treatment plant can process 2.5 million gallons/day
- Current capacity is 1.3 million gallons/day
City Electric System
- 33.4 KV transmission line approximately ½ mile north of site
- 10 MVA substation approximately 2 miles from site
AEP Electric System
- 34.5 KV transmission line approximately ½ mile north of site
- 69 KV transmission line ½ mile to south
- Substation is approximately 4.5 miles from site
- For rate information (877) 237-2886
SEMCO Energy Natural Gas
- 4" line
- Pressure at site 40-60 PSI
- For rate information (800) 624-2019